Monday, March 7, 2011

prepare

I walked into my son's room last night to say goodnight.   he didn't know I was at the door.  so I stood there a second and just watched him.  going back and forth.  from his Bible to his journal.. other books right there for reference.  and my heart sang.  I wanted to jump from the doorway to his bed, landing right beside him with a cheer...letting him know that I was feeling the same outburst of pride at that moment as I do when he makes a double play.   I stood there so thankful that this good-looking, strong, athletic, hilarious, studious, 16 year old living in my house was also seeking to be a man after God's heart. 
no one was watching.
no one was pushing.
he had chosen to go into his room, turn off the tv, the xbox live, and the radio and just get along with God. 
and I am thankful.
thankful because I know there's nothing in this world I can do to deepen his personal relationship with Christ - that's up to him. 
and because I know that there's nothing in this world that will prepare him any better for what life will throw him than deepening his relationship with Christ - and when he's in the middle of life's muck, it's late in the game to begin to get to know Christ.

I know.  I've been there.  and I see him taking daily preparing to walk strong in his faith. 
and it's a good view from my eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment