Monday, February 20, 2012

The Word: Week 6 & 7


So, I’ve been a little under the weather and I’m behind on reporting our progress in the Word. 

A couple of weeks ago, our scripture was one of my favorite in the Book.

For the eyes of the Lord range
throughout the earth to
strengthen those whose hearts
are fully committed to Him.
2 Chronicles 16:9

I love this verse.  It has given me hope during some dark days.

Just the thought..
The thought that God is looking all over the earth for those whose hearts are wholeheartedly trying to live for Him so that He can help them.  Isn’t that amazing?
The God of the universe is trying to find those who are working their hardest to be like Him – and when He finds them, He gives them strength.

I really can’t think of anything in the world to add to that to make it sound any better.  

Re-read it.

For the eyes of the Lord range
throughout the earth to
strengthen those whose hearts
are fully committed to Him.
2 Chronicles 16:9

amen.


Last week was Valentine’s..and our scripture followed suit.

Love is patient, love is kind. It
does not envy, it does not boast, it
is not proud. It is not rude, it is
not self-seeking, it is not easily
angered, it keeps no record of
wrongs. Love does not delight in
evil but rejoices with the truth. It
always protects, always trusts,
always hopes, always perseveres.
Love never fails.
1 Corinthians 13:7-8a

What a wonderful opportunity we had to all talk together about what this Word means.

I had the perfect chance to remind our children that as they begin to date they should be looking for people with these traits.  ...traits like their dad.

I don't know anyone in this world who lives closer to this description than he does.  And I get to be the beneficiary.

To live with someone who is patient and kind, who is not proud and is not rode.  He is never self-seeking and it takes a lot to make him angry.  He never brings up past wrongs.  He does not find happiness in bad and celebrates over the good.  He is my protector, he trusts me, he hopes for me, and he never ever gives up on me.  

My prayer is that both of my children will have the privilege of living with someone who loves them like he loves me.  

I am blessed.



1 comment:

  1. Great stuff! Thank you for sharing your heart so that we may be encouraged and challenged!

    ReplyDelete