Saturday, December 17, 2011

kids..

Never a day passes that I am not thankful for these two kids in my house.  They are amazing.  In just two months, they'll be 17 and 15 and the joy the bring to our lives grows every day.  I don't know how God saw fit to send them to our family, but we scored.

They are funny.  kind.  loving.  respectful.  Did I say funny?   I hear them talking and horsing around in the other room.. or I sit on the sofa and they laugh at each other until they fall in the floor and I am laughing on the outside but on the inside I can hardly keep from crying.  They are tears of thankfulness.  I love them so much.

They just finished their first semester of their junior and freshman year and both of them knocked their grades out of the park.  I realized the week of their finals I really hadn't paid much attention to their grades all semester.. I'm sure glad they did.  I'm so proud of their diligence and their personal pride in their work.  I'm thankful they don't struggle in school.  It hasn't always been that way and I am grateful.

They have great friends.  I'm thankful they both have the ability and confidence to choose wisely.  They have fun hobbies and lots of laughter with their friends.  I am so glad they enjoy this part of high school - knowing that they will really make lifetime friends in college. 

I think about what kind of husband that funny, sensitive, caring, practical joker son of mine will be.  And what kind of wife this fashionista, organized, loving, thoughtful daughter will be.  Whoever God is saving them for is so lucky.  I pray they will know. 

They have a desire to know God more and grow deep in His direction and be the kind of people He wants them to be.  I see Him transforming them right before my eyes.  And it is beautiful.

So this Saturday morning, I woke up thankful.  I love them.  I cherish every second I spend with them.  And I will fall at the feet of Jesus some day, overwhelmed with gratitude, that He trusted me enough to let me be their mother.

I'm not near the woman I would have trusted with these treasures - I have a deep responsibility.  Through my eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment