Saturday, December 10, 2011

there's a first time for everything

I'm pretty sure I haven't ever had a day that I stayed in my pajamas all day.. I mean, without being sick.
That is, until today.
Today I woke up about 7am.  I grabbed my Bible and my computer and worked on a little something I'm putting together for 2012 (I'll show you later..)
I painted on another Christmas project I'm working on.. did a couple of loads of laundry.. loaded the dishwasher and got some chicken out of the freezer to thaw for dinner.
I sat in my favorite spot in the house for quite a while (our sectional with both ottomans pushed up in the middle together to make a big square) and surfed pinterest, facebook, twitter, and my favorite  blogs while I flipped the tv channels back and forth from one Christmas movie to another.  I made some peppermint bark (is that stuff not amazing? .. and so easy), read some magazines with my daughter and pretty much vegged out all day.  I did make a wonderful chicken & rice dish tonight I found on pinterest.  It was a hit with my family. 

Tonight we watched The Help.  What a movie.  Isn't it great?


Emma Stone does an outstanding job and I adore her character's courage.
I hate the thought of people being made to feel beneath others because of the color of their skin.  It's pathetic.

I never want to make someone feel inferior.
For any reason at all.

But certainly not for a reason they have no control over.

That's all for me today.  It's been a great day.  There aren't many chances I get to spend the day doing absolutely anything I feel like doing.  I sure hope it happens again before another 40 years passes by.

No comments:

Post a Comment