Thursday, February 3, 2011

has it really been 6 months?

so.. I just read my blog.. the one I started in july as a journal. too bad I didn't go ahead and chronicle these last 6 months. it's been quite a journey and it's unfortunate I won't be able to remember each detail.. so I'll just pick up here..


take 2.


first of all, a shout out to my one follower! hi brittany. I just saw that you've checked in here.. not sure how you discovered me, but hello. :)


it's been 6 months and life is different.


I somehow did get out of that funk. I don't know what in the world it was.. other than disappointment in myself that I was getting up day after day and not doing a thing to change the things about myself I didn't like - but I'm out of it.
(thank goodness, since it's been 6 months)
  • my kids are now 16 and 14
  • my son is driving. the older he gets the more I enjoy him in our house. how we got so lucky I'll never know
  • my daughter is growing as a person and as a basketball player - which is her deep goal - and I'm proud of her
  • my husbands business is better than ever. (which is amazing in winter.. in this economy)
  • I'm learning anew a lesson about God. you canNOT out-give Him
  • I've lost 46 pounds
  • I'm working on new and improved ways to meet God daily and get to know Him on my own


  • I read "parenting teens with love and logic"...my friend melissa told me about it and I bought it in hardcover and audio.. and I now swear by it. it's revolutionized my relationship with my son. when I have an issue or wonder how to handle something, I go to the reference BEFORE we talk and I leave the conversation abundantly thankful I didn't find this book 5 years from now. if you have teenagers, go get it. today. very quickly I realized our problems (as little as they were) were not about him. most of them were about me. I'm learning how to approach parenting differently and quit making his adult problems my problems. I'm learning how to set boundaries for a mature young man (and young lady) and how to allow them to have natural consequences for not keeping their end of the bargain... after all, I can teach them or the world will..right?


  • did I mention I've lost 46 pounds?
  • I'm working on (finally) adding window treatments to the house I've lived in for 5 years. (I know.. nice..)
  • I have actually started an exercise routine.. which is a miracle if you know me.
  • I've always been organized..I think from birth.. but I'm simplifying. I'm cleaning out and giving away and keeping our lives as cleared out as possible - we americans can really stack things up
  • I've already begun my list of things I'm going to do on my month off this summer.. not going back to that hole I was in last year
  • and yesterday we booked a house in the mountains for 16 people.. we're going with friends and family at the first of july and it's going to be a great time. intentionally.
so things are a little different around here.


my perspective of myself is changing.. literally. I honestly had resolved to the fact that I'd never be able to shop in the 'juniors' section again - and I'm there.. not very often - but now it's because I know I'm too old to look like that - not because I can't fit into it --which is much, MUCH different.


maybe I didn't stick with blogging because I didn't want to tell people how depressed I was. it's too bad.. it might have been helpful to see how I daily came out of it..


and did I mention..
I'VE LOST FOURTY SIX POUNDS!!


45 was my goal. I'm going another 15.

2 comments:

  1. YAHOOOOOOO!!! WAY TO GO!!!! YAY!!!!!!!

    To meet a goal is such a great feeling. And the goal you set, sure isn't an easy one. You should be SO proud of yourself!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the weight loss! That is a big deal, and you should be proud. :) How did you do it?

    ReplyDelete