Friday, January 6, 2012

Ahhhhh.. Music

So I'm in the middle of a 30 day challenge - with my son. 

I'll admit I really am a fickle K-LOVE listener.  If you don't know, it's a nation-wide Christian radio station, that broadcasts throughout the country on different stations.  It's great and all - I just sometimes want a switch.  I was listening one day after Christmas and they issued a 30 day challenge.  30 days to listen only to KLOVE - 30 days of Christian music only.  So I took the challenge. 

This morning on my way to work Chris Tomlin was leading me in worship.  Amazing Grace.  My chains are gone. 

You know, there are a lot of different types of gifts.  Lots of things God can give us to use.  Mine is music.  I don't know why He chose to allow me to be able to sing but He did.  For years I sang in musicals, for competitions, in church, in funerals, in weddings, for parties - pretty much anywhere you hear music, I've sung there.  But for the last 7 years or so, my car has been my stage.  I miss singing "in public" sometimes - but the truth is, the audience in my car always likes me.  They always think I sound good.  And they are so forgiving if I forget the words or miss a note. 

Another great thing about my car [I mean, my stage] is that I can openly, freely worship.  Have you ever just let loose and sung at the top of your lungs.  You know, to the point that your voice almost cracks.  That was me this morning.

My eyes were completely full of tears and I sat in the parking lot at work before I came in  -- and I was belting it.  It's a good thing no one drove in to the space beside me - they'd have thought I was losing it.

I had - and have - so much thankfulness to God for His gift to me.  The gift of music.  The gift of being able to praise Him so completely and fully in this way.  And I love that no matter what I ever sound like to the human ear, my sound is beautiful to Him.  It is a sweet sound.  A sound of praise where He dwells. 

What a privilege it is to praise. 
And thanks, K-LOVE for the 30 challenge.  It made a difference in my praise today.

No comments:

Post a Comment